National Postdoctoral Association
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) is a member-driven organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. The NPA is also a collaborative organization that seeks to work with all stakeholders to improve the postdoctoral experience in the United States. The mission of the NPA is to advance the U.S. research enterprise by maximizing the effectiveness of the research community and enhancing the quality of the postdoctoral experience for all participants.
University of Connecticut is a sustaining member of the NPA. Postdoctoral appointees at UConn-Storrs may join the NPA for free as an affiliate, non-voting member by registering using their @uconn.edu email address. Postdocs may also join as individual, dues-paying members and will receive their own vote.
The NPA also hosts an Annual Meeting every spring, and travel awards are available.
Please visit the National Postdoctoral Association website at www.nationalpostdoc.org for more information and to join.
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) supports the greater internationalization of the University of Connecticut through the development and delivery of services and programs that help our international students, scholars, faculty and staff accomplish their academic and professional goals at UConn.
Finding funding for your postdoctoral training can be a time consuming process. Time will need to be devoted to finding opportunities that meet your needs. Please pay special attention two different requirements and eligibility as they tend to be different for every granting agency. Once you have decided to submit your fellowship application, please check with your department administrator to determine whether there are any UConn requirements or signatures needed before submission.
Funding Opportunities and Resources
- PIVOT Funding Opportunities
- Study in US
- The Foundation Center
Federal Funding Resources and Opportunities
Foundation/Organization/ Association Homepages
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- American Brain Tumor Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- American Heart Association
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- The Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Cancer Research Fund of the Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Foundation
- Cancer Research Institute
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.
- Ford Foundation Postdoc Fellowships
- The Hecht-Levi Fellowship in Bioethics
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Leukemia Society of America
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Myasthenia Gravis Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- NRC Research Associateship Program
- National Society to Prevent Blindness
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Society for Neuroscience
- Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program
- The Whitaker Foundation
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
Grant Writing Resources
Job Search Websites
If you are actively searching for a position, please be sure to consult the Center for Career Development to speak one on one with a career consultant.