Join The 3MT® Three Minute Thesis Competition 2018
AN 80,000 WORD THESIS WOULD TAKE 9 HOURS TO PRESENT. YOUR TIME LIMIT…3 MINUTES.
Meet Islam Mosa, UConn Graduate Student, Department of Chemistry.
The People’s Choice Award winner in the Universitas 21 (U21) 3MT® International Competition.
What is the 3MT® Three Minute Thesis?
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by PhD students around the world. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), the competition cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Presenting in a 3MT® competition increases their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. Competitors are allowed one PowerPoint slide, but no other resources or props.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an academic research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.
FAQs for Competitors:
Piqued your interest? View FAQs
Why Compete in 3MT®?
- Do you seek to gain presentation skills?
- Any interest in winning funds for your professional development?
- Do you love a good competition?
- Would you like to make your research known to a broader audience?
Let us know if you’re interested. Submit your name and email to stay informed on upcoming 3MT® events.
- Read the 3MT competitor guide
- Watch past winners of the international competition
- Consider attending one of these 3MT prep workshops held by faculty members Rory McGloin, Kenneth Noll, and other members of the 3MT committee.
- March 19, 2018 11:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
March 20, 2018 12:00pm-2:00pm
March 22, 2018 9:00am-11:00am
March 28, 2018 11:00am-1:00pm
Once you have decided to participate, please register here as a competitor.
The deadline is Monday March 5, 2018!
UConn Winners –
1st place- $1000 travel award, lunch for select members of your scholarly community
2nd place- $500 travel award, breakfast for select members of your scholarly community
3rd place- $100 travel award, ice cream for select members of your scholarly community
When is the Competition?
April 5, 2018 6:00pm
Student Union Theater