On behalf of The Graduate School at UConn, we want to say congratulations and would love to help commemorate your amazing accomplishments at the University of Connecticut.
YOU DID IT!
We invite you to participate in the commencement ceremony if:
- You completed all the necessary requirements for a graduate degree (or a Sixth Year Diploma in Professional Education) during the Summer of 2017 & Fall of 2017 conferral periods
- You plan to complete the necessary requirements by the end of the Spring 2018 semester
If you have completed—or plan to complete—the necessary requirements during the Spring 2018 conferral period, you must apply for your degree, within Student Administration/PeopleSoft, no later than March 1st. Applying by this date ensures your name will be listed in the Commencement program. You can still participate in Commencement after this date. After applying, you may continue with the process detailed below to prepare for the Commencement ceremony.
If you plan to participate in either the Masters or Doctoral Commencement ceremony, we urge you to complete and submit the RSVP below, as soon as possible. This form will confirm that a seat will be reserved for you at the ceremony and that guest tickets will be available for you.
RSVP for Commencement Here!
By participating in either of the Commencement ceremonies, you are required to wear the appropriate cap, gown, and hood that correspond with the University of Connecticut graduate degree or Sixth Year Diploma being conferred.
Souvenir academic regalia is available from the UConn Bookstores. Please follow the instructions below (Storrs Campus students vs. Regional Campus students) to obtain your regalia.
Doctoral candidates may place orders for permanent regalia in the custom University of Connecticut design by calling the UConn Bookstore at (860) 486-2653.
Masters candidates will come to the ceremony with their hoods on. Doctoral candidates will bring their hoods over their arms. There will be faculty and staff available prior to the procession to assist if needed.
The caps & gowns designated for UConn ceremonies will be available from the UConn Bookstore beginning on Monday, March 20, 2018.
Guest tickets will only be distributed to those students who purchase their cap & gown from the UConn Bookstore. The use of pre-existing regalia (cap & gown from high school, family member, etc.) is no longer allowed. You must retain your original receipt from the purchase of your regalia in order to obtain guest tickets. The Bookstore is unable to print customer receipts upon request so it is imperative that the original receipt is retained.
Questions about the process should be directed to the UConn Bookstore at (860) 486-2653 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storrs Campus Students:
You, the student, must show that you possess an appropriate cap & gown by providing your sales receipt from the Bookstore. We are no longer able to look-up your previous purchases to confirm that you purchased a cap and gown. You MUST hold onto your receipt to obtain your guest tickets.
1. Purchase your cap & gown at Storrs Bookstore location. Retain the receipt. Pick-up your guest tickets between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm at the Ticket Desk (2nd floor conference room within Bookstore). You must provide your original sales receipt from the purchase of your cap and gown along with your current Student ID.
2. Purchase your cap & gown online through the Oak Hall Regalia Website. Retain the receipt. Pick-up your guest tickets between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm at the Ticket Desk (2nd floor conference room within Bookstore). You must provide your original sales receipt from the purchase of your cap and gown along with your current Student ID.
If you are unable to come to the Storrs campus, please follow the instructions for Regional Campus Students.
Regional Campus Students:
Regional Campus students (or those who are no longer located in Storrs) have three options when it comes to purchasing your cap & gown (and obtaining your guest tickets):
1. Purchase your cap & gown at your Regional Campus Bookstore location. Retain the receipt. The Bookstore staff will take a copy of your Student ID and receipt. They will mail a copy of your receipt and student ID to the Storrs Bookstore location for ticket fulfillment. Tickets will be mailed directly to the home address provided.
2. Purchase your cap & gown online through the Oak Hall Regalia Website (link forthcoming). Retain the receipt. Mail a copy of your receipt and your Student ID to the UConn Bookstore at email@example.com. Please remember that your cap & gown will not be mailed in the same package as your tickets. Your guest tickets will be mailed to you in a secondary mailing.
3. Purchase your cap & gown via mail through the Bookstore. The order form for regalia is here. You must include a copy of your Student ID with the order form. Your cap & gown and guest tickets will all be sent in one mailing.
Candidates for the Masters ceremony on Saturday, May 5, will meet in the Field House by 12:30PM. From there, you will process into Gampel Pavilion and into your seats.
Candidates for Doctoral degrees and faculty members need to enter Jorgensen via the rear entrance (from Jorgensen Road) on Monday, May 7, at 5pm. Please do not use the main entry to Jorgensen (from Hillside Road).
Doctoral candidates and faculty advisors will proceed to the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater (the “little theater”) in the lower level of Jorgensen to line-up for the candidate processional with their faculty members.
Photos of the hooding will be taken after the candidate walks across the stage.
Prior to the Doctoral Ceremony, there will be a reception at 3:00PM in the Alumni House. A photographer will be there to take formal photographs with family and advisors. It is an excellent place to settle family, advisors, and guests prior to the ceremony. Please join us for music and light food.
Doors open at each venue one hour prior to the start time of the ceremony. Seating is open on a first-come, first-served basis.
On the day of Commencement, guests may enter Gampel Pavilion and Jorgensen Auditorium by ticket only. Masters candidates will receive 7 guest tickets. Doctoral candidates will receive 6 guest tickets. No tickets will be issued to a graduate unless he or she has completed and submitted the RSVP above.
Obtaining tickets with a shipment of Souvenir Regalia
You may request to receive your guest tickets with your souvenir regalia. Please clearly indicate your number of tickets when you complete the order form, which must be received by the UConn Bookstore by May 1st. The UConn Bookstore will be open 9:00AM to 5:00PM on Commencement day.
Please use the exact instructions in the “Academic Regalia” section (Storrs Campus students vs. Regional Campus students) to find out how to obtain your guest tickets. You may obtain guest tickets in-person at the UConn Bookstore (Storrs campus) beginning on Monday, March 21, 2018. You will be asked to present your UConn ID and your original receipt for regalia to obtain tickets.
When and Where
Saturday, May 5, 2018
1:30PM Gampel Pavilion
(doors open at 12:30PM)
View live and recorded online http://totalwebcasting.com/live/uconn