***Applications for this award are accepted in June and November
The Graduate School is committed to helping graduate students achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals during their time at the University of Connecticut. In support of this goal, The Graduate School offers a Conference Participation Award (previously known as the Doctoral Student Travel Award) to support students’ ability to present their research at national or international meetings and conferences, including both in-person and virtual events. This conference participation fellowship in the amount of $750 will be awarded for the semester following the application submission and paid through the student’s fee bill. Please review the eligibility criteria for the fellowship carefully before applying.
Students are responsible for knowing any and all travel advisories, restrictions, and relevant University policies and should plan accordingly. Students should stay up-to-date with information shared by the U.S. Department of State (https://travel.state.gov/travel/en.html/), State of Connecticut (https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus/travel) and the University’s Travel Services office (https://travel.uconn.edu).
- The applicant must be a doctoral or MFA student.
- The applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the fellowship is awarded, e.g., fall semester for applications due in June.
- The applicant must have successfully completed at least 30 credits toward their degree program prior to applying for this fellowship.
- The applicant is not eligible if they have previously received a Doctoral Student Travel Award or Conference Participation Award.
- The funds are intended to be used for participation in a conference at which the student is presenting their research.
- Students at UConn Health and UConn Law are not eligible for this award.
Please note, fellowships are not guaranteed, as funds are limited and pending budgetary approval. We hope to provide funding to all eligible applicants, but eligible students who are not awarded in this cycle will be encouraged to apply in the next cycle.
To apply for the Conference Participation Award please: