Pending budgetary approval, The Graduate School awards a limited number of spring and fall Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship (DSTF) awards in the amount of $750 for doctoral students. Funds are limited and not guaranteed. Funding is dispersed on a first-come, first-served basis. Any travel costs in excess of the $750 DST Fellowship are the responsibility of the student. Funds are available one time only during a student’s academic career.
Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship Timelines
Notification of the upcoming application session is typically sent through Soapbox and the Daily Digest approximately two weeks before the application process begins. Application deadlines are generally 30 days after the start of the application session.
There are two Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship funding cycles during an academic year:
- Fall application session is from July 1 through July 31. Awards are made in August with payout from the Bursar’s office in September.
- Spring application session is from January 1 through January 31. Awards are made in February with payout from the Bursar’s office in March.
Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for funding:
- The applicant must be a doctoral student.
- The applicant must be enrolled for the semester in which the fellowship is awarded.
- The applicant must have successfully completed at least 30 credits towards their degree program prior to requesting this fellowship.
- The applicant is not eligible if they have previously received a Doctoral Student Travel award.
- The funds are intended to be used for travel to meetings at which the student is presenting their research.
- Students at UConn Health are not eligible for this award.
Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship Award Notification and Administration:
Students awarded the Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship will be sent a notification letter by e-mail from The Graduate School. A copy is also sent to the major advisor and the financial administrator in the student’s program. Monies are made available through the Bursar’s office. Questions regarding the Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship may be sent to The Graduate School at email@example.com.
To apply for the Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship during July or January please use the link below. You will be sent a return e-mail confirming your submission.
- Students are responsible for knowing any and all travel advisories and restrictions and should plan accordingly.
- Students should familiarize themselves with alerts and warnings issued by the U.S. Department of State at https://travel.state.gov/travel/en.html/.
To apply for the Doctoral Student Travel Fellowship please: