As we are committed to promoting a diverse graduate community, the Graduate School has agreed to waive the $75 dollar non-refundable application fee for prospective students associated with the following organizations and partnerships:
- Conference attendance and personal contact with UConn representatives (this would entail signing in at the UConn booth) at one of the following:
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) - http://sacnas.org/
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCAMS) - http://www.abrcms.org/
- GEM national conference – http://gemfellowship.org/
- Out in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (oSTEM) national conference– http://www.ostem.org
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) national or regional conference – http://www.nsbe.org
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) regional conference – http://shpe.org
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) regional conference – http://swe.org
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT) - https://www.andover.edu/about/outreach/irt
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=13646
- Math Alliance - https://mathalliance.org/
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC Scholars)
- National Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM) Consortium - http://www.gemfellowship.org/
- PhD Project - http://www.phdproject.org/
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair) - http://mcnairscholars.com/about/
- University of Connecticut University Scholars http://universityscholars.uconn.edu/. University Scholars should apply for admission to graduate school in the final semester of their undergraduate career.
- Active Duty, veterans, guardsmen and reservists.
- For veterans, guardsmen and reservists: Upload a copy of your DD214 in the Experience section of your application.
- For active duty military:
- Option 1: Submit an official JST transcript to the University of Connecticut Graduate School to email@example.com.
- Option 2: Submit a letter from your commander or personnel office stating you are active military to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 3: Bring a copy of your active military ID to the Graduate Admissions Office for a staff member to review.
Effective for applicants applying for the Spring 2020 term and beyond, the application fee will be waived for students currently enrolled in a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctoral) when they apply to another graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctoral). Similarly, if a student completes a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or doctorate) and is applying for admission in the semester that immediately follows, the application fee will be waived automatically when an application is submitted and finalized. However, if there is a break in enrollment, the application fee will be required.
At The Graduate School we acknowledge that there may be circumstances in which students do not belong to any of the above organizations or partnerships. In such cases, some individual programs at the University of Connecticut may offer a limited number of fee waivers for exceptional candidates. In these cases, the program is responsible for paying the application fee. Please contact specific programs of interest for further information.
Additional questions or details regarding how to access application fee waivers should be addressed to The Graduate School Admissions at email@example.com or 860-486-3617.