The University of Connecticut Postdoc Association maintains mailing lists, social media accounts, and other initiatives in an attempt to keep open the lines of communication among our postdoctoral scholars.
Stay current with events for postdocs, fellowship and job postings, and more.
Our UConn Postdocs group hopes to bring together postdocs at UConn and facilitate more interaction. Feel free to get in touch with other UConn postdocs, post questions and arrange social events.
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) supports the greater internationalization of the University of Connecticut through the development and delivery of services and programs that help our international students, scholars, faculty and staff accomplish their academic and professional goals at UConn.
Finding funding for your postdoctoral training can be a time consuming process. Time will need to be devoted to finding opportunities that meet your needs. Please pay special attention two different requirements and eligibility as they tend to be different for every granting agency. Once you have decided to submit your fellowship application, please check with your department administrator to determine whether there are any UConn requirements or signatures needed before submission.
The Graduate School Seed Grants for UConn PostDocs
The Graduate School and Postdoc Steering Committee are pleased to announce a funding announcement for postdoctoral research awards. Applications for the award will be accepted until April 23, 2018 and notifications of awards will be given no later than June 1, 2018. There will be three recipients of the award: a first prize award of $2000 and two second prizes of $1000. Specific instructions for submitting an award proposal appear below. Note, only UConn-Storrs affiliated Postdoctoral Research Associates (i.e., covered under The Graduate School) who will complete the project during their time in this position are eligible to apply. Direct any questions to Karen Breciano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Funding Opportunities and Resources
- PIVOT Funding Opportunities
- Study in US
- The Foundation Center
Federal Funding Resources and Opportunities
Foundation/Organization/ Association Homepages
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- American Brain Tumor Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- American Heart Association
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- The Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Cancer Research Fund of the Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Foundation
- Cancer Research Institute
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.
- Ford Foundation Postdoc Fellowships
- The Hecht-Levi Fellowship in Bioethics
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Leukemia Society of America
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Myasthenia Gravis Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- NRC Research Associateship Program
- National Society to Prevent Blindness
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Society for Neuroscience
- Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program
- The Whitaker Foundation
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
Grant Writing Resources
Job Search Websites
If you are actively searching for a position, please be sure to consult the Center for Career Development to speak one on one with a career consultant.