Join our Community
The University of Connecticut Postdoc Association maintains mailing lists, social media accounts, and other initiatives in an attempt to keep open the lines of communication among our postdoctoral scholars. Please consider becoming a member of the communities listed below:
Stay current with events for postdocs, fellowship and job postings, and more.
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) supports the greater internationalization of the University of Connecticut through the development and delivery of services and programs that help our international students, scholars, faculty and staff accomplish their academic and professional goals at UConn.
To learn more about ISSS, please visit their website.
Join the National PostDoc Association
As you may know our institution is a Sustaining Member of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA), and one of the greatest benefits is you can become an Affiliate Member of the NPA for free! We encourage everyone to take advantage of this opportunity to help you network with other postdocs across the country and gain access to members only resources that can help further your career.
Signing up is simple. Click HERE and follow the registration process. Once you click “Submit” the NPA Membership Manager will review your Affiliate membership within five working days, and you will receive an email when it has been approved.
Funding for your postdoctoral training can be a time consuming process. Time will need to be devoted to finding opportunities that meet your needs. Please pay special attention two different requirements and eligibility as they tend to be different for every granting agency. Once you have decided to submit your fellowship application, please check with your department administrator to determine whether there are any UConn requirements or signatures needed before submission.
The Graduate School Seed Grants for UConn PostDocs
The Graduate School and Postdoc Steering Committee are pleased to announce a funding announcement for postdoctoral research awards. In 2018 there were three recipients of the award: a first prize award of $2000 and two second prizes of $1000. Specific instructions for submitting an award proposal for 2019 be updated in due course. Note, only UConn-Storrs affiliated Postdoctoral Research Associates (i.e., covered under The Graduate School) who will complete the project during their time in this position are eligible to apply. Direct any questions to Stuart Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- American Brain Tumor Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Federation for Aging Research
- American Heart Association
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- The Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Cancer Research Fund of the Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Foundation
- Cancer Research Institute
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.
- Ford Foundation Postdoc Fellowships
- The Hecht-Levi Fellowship in Bioethics
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Leukemia Society of America
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Myasthenia Gravis Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- NRC Research Associateship Program
- National Society to Prevent Blindness
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Society for Neuroscience
- Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program
- The Whitaker Foundation
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation