As we are committed to promoting a diverse graduate community, the Graduate School has agreed to waive application fees for prospective students associated with the following organizations and partnerships:
- Conference attendance and personal contact with UConn Graduate School Staff (this would entail signing in at the UConn booth) at one of the following:
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT) - http://www.andover.edu/Pages/default.aspx
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2012/nsf12564/nsf12564.htm
- Math Alliance - https://mathalliance.org/
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC Scholars)
- National Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM) Consortium - http://www.gemfellowship.org/
- PhD Project - http://www.phdproject.org/
- Project 1000 - http://mati.eas.asu.edu/p1000/
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program (McNair) - http://mcnairscholars.com/about/
- University of Connecticut University Scholars http://universityscholars.uconn.edu/. University Scholars should apply for admission to graduate school in the final semester of their undergraduate career.
- Active Duty, veterans, guardsmen and reservists.
- For veterans, guardsmen and reservists: Submit a copy of your DD214 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For active duty military:
- Option 1: Submit an official JST transcript to the University of Connecticut Graduate School to email@example.com.
- Option 2: Submit a letter from your commander or personnel office stating you are active military to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 3: Bring a copy of your active military ID to the Graduate Admissions Office for a staff member to review.
For applicants applying for the summer 2019 or fall 2019 terms, the application fee will be waived for currently enrolled UConn master’s degree students applying to a doctoral program in the same field and currently enrolled UConn master’s or doctoral students applying to certificate programs.
Effective for applicants applying for the Spring 2020 term and beyond, the application fee will be waived for students currently enrolled in a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or Ph.D.) when they apply to another graduate program (certificate, master’s, or Ph.D.). Similarly, if a student completes a UConn graduate program (certificate, master’s, or Ph.D.) and is applying for admission in the semester that immediately follows, the application fee will be waived. If, however, there is a break in enrollment we will charge an application fee.
At The Graduate School we acknowledge that there may be circumstances in which students do not belong to any of the above organizations or partnerships. In such cases, some individual departments at the University of Connecticut may offer a limited number of fee waivers for exceptional candidates and/or candidates from an underrepresented background. In these cases, the department is responsible for paying the application fee. Please contact specific departments of interest for further information.
Additional questions or details regarding how to access application fee waivers should be addressed to The Graduate School admissions at email@example.com or 860-486-3617.