Financing Resources

Financing Resources for Graduate Students

Learn more about the different available resources for funding your graduate student experience. This category can answer many questions surrounding graduate assistantships, financial aid, fellowships, and awards.

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Assistantships are paid opportunities to train individual skills, support research and teaching, and gain tuition assistance. Below are some common resources for graduate assistants

GA Trainings

Graduate Employee Union (GEU)

Graduate Assistantship Overview

General Questions – contact Megan Petsa (

  • stipend levels
  • payroll overrides
  • tuition waiver issues
  • Supplemental Employment
  • health insurance

Graduate Financial Aid/Resources

Fellowships and Awards

The following resources are financial awards that can be provided to students. Most require an application process to receive awards but come with no loans attached.

Summer Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship

Conference Participation Award

Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships

Policy on Non-Federal Fellowship Awards

Policy on Competitive Federal Graduate Awards