***The limited summer submission cycle for the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship is now closed. The next application cycle for this fellowship will be in February 2022.
The Graduate School is committed to helping graduate students achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals during their time at the University of Connecticut. In support of this goal, The Graduate School invites applicants for the Summer Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, which is intended to support the successful completion of the dissertation. Please review the eligibility criteria for this fellowship carefully before applying. This is a one-time $2,000 fellowship. If awarded, the funds will be awarded for the Summer term and paid through the Office of the Bursar.
This application period is only open to doctoral students who will graduate by May 2022. Applications received before July 1 or after August 31 will not be considered.
- The applicant must be a doctoral student in a program that requires a dissertation.
- The applicant must be an active student when they apply and are awarded. Students who complete their degree during the prior semester cannot be awarded.
- For the limited submission cycle in July/August 2021, the applicant must be an active student in Fall 2021 who plans to graduate by Spring 2022.
- The applicant must have documented successful completion of the General Examination by submitting the Report on the General Exam to the Office of the Registrar’s Degree Audit team no later than August 31, 2021.
- The applicant must have documented successful completion and submission of the dissertation proposal by submitting the Dissertation Proposal form to the Office of the Registrar’s Degree Audit team no later than August 31, 2021.
- For the limited submission cycle in July/August 2021, the Dissertation Proposal form may be submitted to Degree Audit without IRB/IACUC approval. The milestone will be posted as "in progress" and that will satisfy eligibility for this application. IRB/IACUC approval must be submitted to Degree Audit when received so that the milestone may be updated to "complete" on the student record.
- The applicant is not eligible if they have previously received a Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship.
- Students at UConn Health (with the exception of Public Health doctoral students) and UConn Law are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Please note, while we hope to provide funding to all eligible applicants, fellowships are not guaranteed, as funds are limited and pending budgetary approval.