Pending budgetary approval, The Graduate School awards a limited number of spring and fall Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (DDF) awards in the amount of $ 2,000 for students in doctoral programs requiring a dissertation.
Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Timelines
Notification of the upcoming application session is typically sent through Soapbox and the Daily Digest approximately two weeks before the application process begins. Application deadlines are generally 30 days after the start of the application session.
There are two Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship funding cycles during an academic year:
- Fall application cycle runs from May 1 through May 31. Awards are made in June.
- Spring application cycle runs from November 1 through November 30. Awards are made in December.
Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Requirements
To be eligible for the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship:
- The applicant must be a doctoral student.
- The applicant must be enrolled in the semester in which the fellowship is awarded.
- The applicant must document satisfactory completion and approval of the General Examination prior to midnight on May 31 for the fall application cycle or November 30 for the spring cycle.
- The applicant must document satisfactory completion and submission of the Dissertation Proposal, including full and current IRB or IACUC approval if required, prior to midnight on May 31 for the fall application cycle or November 30 for the spring cycle.
- The applicant is not eligible if they have previously received a Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship award.
- Students at UConn Health and UConn Law are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award Notification and Administration
Students awarded the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship will be sent a notification letter by e-mail from The Graduate School. A copy is also sent to the major advisor and the financial administrator in the student’s program. Monies are made available to the student through the Bursar’s office workflow system at the start of the spring/fall semester.
Questions regarding the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship may be sent to The Graduate School at email@example.com.
To apply for the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship during May or November please use the link below. You will be sent a return e-mail confirming your submission.
To apply for the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship please