Congratulations on your admission to The Graduate School at The University of Connecticut. Choosing to attend graduate school here is the best decision you can make for meeting your future goals!
UConn, as we are affectionately known, is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students overall and nearly 7,000 graduate students. No matter your area of interest, you will find opportunities to work with internationally renowned faculty and bright, engaged colleagues.
What You Should Do First
- Check out the Orientation page
- Check out the Student Resources page
- Download myUConn app!
- Establish your UConn NetID. You need this to activate your new UConn email and other online systems.
- Get your UConn ID Process started. We refer to this as your Husky Onecard.
If you are a new Graduate Assistant:
- Check out our Graduate Assistant page here
- Review the collective bargaining agreement
- Understand, schedule, and complete required training
- Carefully review your offer letter for arrival and work requirements
If you are a new International Student:
From the moment you arrive, we trust that you will find the friends, faculty, services, and support needed to make your time here rewarding. The International Student and Scholar Services office (ISSS) contains a wealth of information on the services available to support you: