Pending budgetary approval, The Graduate School awards a limited number of spring and fall Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (DDF) awards for students in doctoral programs requiring a dissertation.
Eligible applicants should fill out the Semi-Annual Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship application and email to The Graduate School prior to the deadline.
To be eligible for the DDF an applicant must:
- Certify that the student has never before been awarded the UConn Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship.
- Certify that he/she will be enrolled for the fall 2017 semester at The Graduate School.
- Certify that his/her total personal income (does not include the student’s family or spousal income) will not exceed the maximum personal income limit during the twelve-month period from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018. The maximum limit changes yearly and is specified on the application form.
- Document satisfactory completion and approval of the General Examination prior to 4:00 pm on May 31, 2017;
- Document satisfactory completion and submission of the Dissertation Proposal, including full and current IRB or IACUC approval, prior to 4:00 pm on May 31, 2017;
Unfortunately, students based at UConn Health and UConn Law are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Notification of the upcoming application session is typically sent through the Daily Digest, MailChimp and SoapBox approximately two weeks before the application process begins. The application deadlines are generally 30 days after the start of the application session.
The application for the fall fellowship is during the month of May. The spring application is available during the month of November.
The fall DDF is awarded to the student during the month of June and the spring DDF is awarded to the student in the month of December.
DDF Award Notification and Administration
Students who are awarded the DDF will be sent a notification letter (e-mail) from The Graduate School with a copy sent to the student’s Department Administrator. The fellowship award will be made available to the student through the Bursar’s Office at the start of the spring/fall semester.
Additional information about The Graduate School’s Semi-Annual Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, as well as the application form, can be found using the links on this page. If you have a specific question or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact The Graduate School at (860) 486-3617 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the fall 2017 Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship please see below:
Application will be open May 1