More information coming soon.
On behalf of The Graduate School at UConn, we want to say congratulations, and would love to help commemorate your amazing accomplishments at the University of Connecticut.
We invite you to participate in the commencement ceremony if:
- You complete all the necessary requirements for a graduate degree (or a Sixth Year Diploma in Professional Education) during the summer of 2017 or fall 2018 conferral periods.
- You plan to complete the necessary requirement by the end of the summer 2019.
If you have completed-or plan to complete-the necessary requirements during the spring or summer 2019 conferral periods, you must apply for your degree, within Student Administration/PeopleSoft, no later than March 1, 2019. Applying by this date insures your name in the Program. Applying after that date will allow you to attend, but you may not be included in the printing. Your name will be read during the ceremony whether or not you meet the deadline. After applying, you may continue with the process detailed below to prepare for the Ceremony.
If you plan to participate in the Graduate Commencement Ceremony, we urge you to complete and submit the RSVP as soon as possible. This form will confirm that a seat will be reserved for you at the ceremony and that guest tickets will be available for you.
By participating in the Commencement ceremony, you are required to wear the appropriate cap, gown, and hood that correspond with the University of Connecticut graduate degree or sixth year diploma being conferred. Souvenir academic regalia is available from the UConn Bookstore. The Bookstore must receive any order, to be shipped or mailed, for regalia by April 24th. Souvenir regalia may also be purchased in the physical Bookstore.
Masters and sixth year diploma participants must wear their hoods throughout the ceremony.
Doctoral participants will be hooded by their major advisors or by the hooding marshals during the ceremony. The doctoral hood should be carried to the hooding station neatly folded over the candidate or recipient’s left arm. There will be time with your advisor beforehand to practice.
- Masters and Sixth Year Diploma candidates will meet in the field house at 12:15pm to get in line by school/college.
- Doctoral candidates will meet in the Harriett Jorgensen Theater at 4pm to meet with their advisor and process.
How Do I Obtain My Cap & Gown, and Guest Tickets?
On the day of Commencement, guests may enter Gampel Pavilion or Jorgensen Theatre by ticket only. Masters and sixth year diploma candidates get 7 tickets. Doctoral candidates get 6 tickets. Should you need more than that, please send an email to email@example.com to request extras. Otherwise, please only request the number of tickets that you need.
The caps & gowns designated for UConn ceremonies will be available from the UConn Bookstores beginning on Wednesday, March 27, 2019. The Ticket Desk will be open from 9:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday at the Bookstore on the Storrs Campus. Tickets will not be available during weekends. Please remember, distribution of Commencement Tickets is coordinated by the UConn Commencement Office and not the UConn Bookstore. In the event of a delayed opening or a campus closure, tickets will not be available until the University re-opens. The Bookstore may still be open but if the campus is closed, tickets are not distributed.
Guest tickets will only be distributed to those students who purchase their cap & gown from the UConn Bookstore. Please purchase your cap & gown before visiting the ticket desk. The use of pre-existing regalia (cap & gown from high school, family member, etc.) is no longer allowed. Picking-up guest tickets on behalf of friends/family members/etc. is NOT allowed. You must retain your original receipt from the purchase of your regalia in order to obtain guest tickets. The Bookstore is unable to print customer receipts upon request so it is imperative that the original receipt is retained.
Questions about the process should be directed to the UConn Bookstore at (860) 486-2653 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storrs Campus Students:
You, the student, must show that you possess an appropriate cap & gown by providing your sales receipt from the Bookstore. We are no longer able to look-up your previous purchases to confirm that you purchased a cap and gown. You MUST hold onto your receipt to obtain your guest tickets. Storrs campus students have two options when it comes to purchasing your cap & gown (and obtaining your guest tickets):
1. Purchase your cap & gown at Storrs Bookstore location. Retain the receipt. Pick-up your guest tickets between the hours of 9:00am-4:30pm (Monday – Friday) at the Ticket Desk (second floor of the Bookstore). You must provide your original sales receipt from the purchase of your cap and gown along with a valid UConn Student ID.
2. Purchase your cap & gown online through the Oak Hall Regalia Website. Retain the receipt. Pick-up your guest tickets between the hours of 9:00am-4:30pm (Monday – Friday) at the Ticket Desk (second floor of the Bookstore). You must provide your original sales receipt from the purchase of your cap and gown along with a valid UConn Student ID.
If you are unable to come to the Storrs campus, please follow the instructions for Regional Campus Students.
Regional Campus Students (or those who are no longer located in Storrs):
Regional Campus students (or those who are no longer located in Storrs) have three options when it comes to purchasing your cap & gown (and obtaining your guest tickets):
1. Purchase your cap & gown at your Regional Campus Bookstore location. Retain the receipt. Complete a copy of the Permission to Obtain Guest Tickets form. E-mail a copy of your valid UConn Student ID, receipt, and completed Permission to Obtain Guest Tickets form to UConnGradTix@gmail.com for ticket fulfillment. Tickets will be mailed directly to the home address provided. NOTE: Tickets will not be mailed after 12:00pm (Noon) on Friday, May 3, 2019. Any ticket requests received after that time must be picked up in-person.
2. Purchase your cap & gown online through the Oak Hall Regalia Website. Retain the receipt. Complete the Permission to Obtain Guest Tickets form. E-mail the completed form along with a copy of your receipt and your valid UConn Student ID to the UConn Bookstore at UConnGradTix@gmail.com. Please remember that your cap & gown will not be mailed in the same package as your tickets. Your guest tickets will be mailed to you in a secondary mailing. NOTE: Tickets will not be mailed after 12:00pm (Noon) on Friday, May 3, 2019. Any ticket requests received after that time must be picked up in-person.
3. Purchase your cap & gown via mail through the Bookstore. Complete the order form for Undergraduate regalia. You must include a copy of your valid UConn Student ID with the order form. Do not forget to indicate the number of guest tickets you are requesting. Your cap & gown and guest tickets will all be sent in one mailing. NOTE: Tickets will not be mailed after 12:00pm (Noon) on Friday, May 3, 2019. Any ticket requests received after that time must be picked up in-person.
The University has designated both the University Foundation and the University of Connecticut Bookstore (“Bookstore”) as a School Official. The University reserve the right to disclose a student’s personally identifiable information to the Foundation and the Bookstore in recognition that they are performing the legitimate educational interest of supplying educational resources necessary for the University to carry out its mission.
When and Where
Masters and Sixth Year Diploma Ceremony:
May 11, 2019
- 1:30pm Gampel Pavilion (doors open at 12:30pm) Storrs Campus
May 13, 2019
- Reception prior in the North Reading Room of Wilbur Cross Library (gold dome) 3:00 pm to 6:00pm
- Drinks, light food, and professional photographers
- Ceremony in Jorgensen Auditorium 6:00 pm (doors open at 5:00pm) Storrs Campus
Parking in the Parking Garage is free, as is any other lot on the day of your ceremony. Be sure to park in legitimate spaces and have handicapped passes for those spaces.
Advanced Degree Outcomes Survey
Please share with us your post-UConn career and education plans. Your department, The Graduate School, and Center for Career Development value your input, helping us better understand the diverse careers and further education that UConn graduates pursue. Your data is important and only shared in aggregate. After submitting your response you will be entered into a raffle to win one of 18 Amazon gift cards!