University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Graduate Faculty Appointment

Any person who wishes to serve as a major advisor of graduate students must be appointed at the appropriate level (master’s or doctoral) by the Dean of the Graduate School. The appointment is specific to a particular field of study or area of concentration. The Dean of The Graduate School appoints members of the graduate faculty based on the recommendation of a department or program head, which authorizes their service as major advisor to any graduate student in the appropriate field of study or area of concentration. Any members of the University of Connecticut faculty may serve as associate advisors whether or not they are members of the graduate faculty.


Recommendation for the graduate faculty.